10 Man Semi Hardcore Raiding Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10 Man Semi Hardcore Raiding Guild

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[DECLINED] Mysticfog - Mage - Arcane

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mystic

[DECLINED] Mysticfog - Mage - Arcane Empty
PostSubject: [DECLINED] Mysticfog - Mage - Arcane   [DECLINED] Mysticfog - Mage - Arcane EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 1:12 pm

David

Lithuania

Link to Armory Profile: Use the new battle.net links instead of Armory: eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/realm/charactername/

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/anachronos/mysticfog/simple

Explain your gear, gems, enchants, spec and glyph choices and why you think they are the best for your character.

Mainspec: Arcane; Offspec: Fire

Uh, this is a pretty awkward moment. If I've been making this application back to 3.3.5, there certainly would be much to be said. Right now, there isn't. My current spec has not yet been tested in the new raiding environment, and there's nothing to be said about gear/enchants. Well, glyphs

Prime:
Arcane Blast - a direct DPS increase (AB is still ~90% of overall damage output for Arcane mages)
Arcane Missiles - same as above
Mage Armor - mana is an issue for us mages now. With Molten Armor up, I'd be running OOM within 30 seconds from the beginning of any encounter

Major:
Evocation - even in heroic dungeons, such a major self-healing spell helps to ease healer's job, even though it got nerfed a bit
Rest doesn't matter for raids.

What are your professions and how do they benifit you in a raid?

Alchemy - 100 more int from 300 int flasks.
Herbalism - 480 haste for 20 seconds and a self-heal.

Neither alchemy, nor herbalism is inferior in comparison with any other profession now.

What is your current/previous guild?

Reckoning - got kicked out of it after a conflict with GM and mage class leader officer. Details are available on request.

What can you contribute to Pressure`s raiding team?

I do pew pew, I do it well. I know my class (mage is my main, and I have no alts). I can raid at any day, any time for any long. I understand the conception of progression raiding, and that wouldn't stress me to wipe numerous times to reach the goal. I also understand, that for certain encounter, that may be necessary to replace me with some other player, and I wouldn't rage about it.
Also (that is important, I think), gold isn't any issue for me, so keeping my gear enchants, gems and such isn't a problem either.

And yeah, I'm always up for retros and specific goal (mounts, achievements, that-100-year-old-TBC-set-that-you-always-wanted-for-your-toon-sooooo-badly) runs.

Would you be willing to respec if the raid leader thought it was best for our raid? If not, why?

Sure would.

Your UI and brief explanation of addons you use during a raid

Post a link of your UI and explain the important addons you're using during a raid. Tinypic.com is a good site for uploading images quickly. Just paste the link here.

Regretfully, I've purchased a new monitor a day before Cataclysm hit (19" > 24"), and that has lead to a total revamp of my UI. I haven't raided with it yet, but in heroics it looks somewhat like that

img225.imageshack.us/i/wowscrnshot121810090357.jpg

It yet is pretty messy and has to be modified and polished.

Well, addons:

DBM
Omen
Recount (I don't just like to see the high numbers - I optimize my strategy for this certain encounter with it)

The rest is insignificant.

Explain your most Important Keybinds. Do you click anything?
You dont need to give us a list of 50 binds and macros but your most used ones are a good start. We're interested in how you play.

All my damaging abilities that I use are keybound. All my cooldowns are keybound.
Generally, I only click on abilities, which I don't use in combat (my current UI on the screenshot is irrelevant)
Exception may be some potion, that I use as an option instead of most often used one, or a rarely used macro (/tar Val'kyr /cast Slow)

Do you have a stable internet connection? Do you ever DC during a raid?

10,000 DPS is useless if its only happening 40% of the fight. Be honest in this part please.

Yes I do. If I see that it isn't stable today, I would rather notify RL and ask to replace me, than caused a lot of lost time for entire raid.

Do you have Ventrilo and headset?

Yes

Raid Availability

Our main raid days are currently Wednesday & Thursday, 20:00 - 23:30 realm time. Please include all days you are available, as members will often set up runs for old content & achievements on off days.

Wednesday: +
Thursday: +
Friday: +
Saturday: +
Sunday: +
Monday: +
Tuesday: +

Honestly - of all the raids I could ever attend, I've missed just two - one, when I had a planned travel, another one when I had my telephone line (that caused a problem for my ADSL) broken for a day.

Please explain briefly your experience with raiding in World of Warcraft (and possibly other MMO's)

We don't need to know every single guild you've been in and every single raid you've cleared but a brief idea would be nice. Tell us some of your more memorable moments etc.

In short, WotLK: TotC25 clear, ICC25 clear, ICC25H 8/12, RS25 clear. But don't let my lack of pre-WotLK raiding scare you away - I'm a fast learner.

How do you prepare for a new encounter?

First, I read an overview of the tactics and encounter mechanics. Then I watch a neutral point (usually, TankSpot) video. Then I watch several mage PoV videos. Then I'm all set.

How do you stay up to date with your class mechanics?

elitistjerks.com/f75, even though I customize my rotation and other setups on my own taste.
Arguing with a fellow mage and spending an hour or two at dummies in SW is also my way of learning more about my class.

Is there anything you would like to add or ask us?

I always considered 10-man raids more skillful and fun than 25. That's a shame that being a 10-man oriented guild was nowhere as good as a 25-man. Until now.
I always wanted to be in a hardcore guild. Because I am hardcore. Seriously.

Anyway, I do understand that there may be a lot of reasons why you wouldn't need or want me for your guild, but I would like to ask you to judge that from "Do we need another mage or not?", not "Do we need this Mr. I have no pre-WotLK experience or not?" point of view. It's overvalued, yo.

That's all. Thanks for reviewing my application.

(and yeah, my apologies for non-URL links - for some reason, URLs weren't displayed on preview)
Back to top Go down
Fallíng
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mysticfog - Mage - Arcane   [DECLINED] Mysticfog - Mage - Arcane EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 8:58 am

Thank you for the application,

Application under consideration.Will get back to you within the next few days.

Fwibble.

Back to top Go down
http://pressure-guild.forumotion.eu
Drachma

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mysticfog - Mage - Arcane   [DECLINED] Mysticfog - Mage - Arcane EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 9:38 am

You were saying in SW, outside the AH, the other day that * I cannot wait to leave this shitty server* or somthing very closely along those lines, why do you then apply to a guild on a shitty server?
Back to top Go down
Fallíng
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mysticfog - Mage - Arcane   [DECLINED] Mysticfog - Mage - Arcane EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:39 pm

Declined , for lack of end game experience.

gl finding a guild.

Topic locked
Back to top Go down
http://pressure-guild.forumotion.eu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [DECLINED] Mysticfog - Mage - Arcane   [DECLINED] Mysticfog - Mage - Arcane Empty

Back to top Go down

[DECLINED] Mysticfog - Mage - Arcane
Page 1 of 1